Thursday, December 21, 2006

Delicate Origami* (do Baú #1)


"men are delicate origami creatures
Who need women to unfold them
Hold them when they cry
but I'm tired of being your saviour
And I'm tired of telling you why" (Ani Di Franco)


What does it feel like,
delicate origami?
I know how this feels like:


Some days her shape in the doorway will speak to me
a bird's wing on the window
sometimes i'll hear when she's sleeping
her fever dream

Her voice is beyond her years
a language on her face
She's trying to move you

"I want your flowers like babies want god's love
or maybe as sure as tomorrow will come"

If I could look you in the eyes
I couldn't let you go


Some days, like rain on the doorstep
She'll cover me
with grace in all she offers
sometimes I'd like just to ask her
what honest words
she can't afford to say, like

"I want your flowers like babies want god's love
or maybe as sure as tomorrow will come"


Please try not to move her
Don't touch her there
- I saved myself
for someone somewhere's
sweet caress
Something goes wrong
At least it was her mistake
Hers alone to make
- And all I sought was happiness
So relax, turn around and take my hand
Because no one is safe
From someone somewhere's
sweet embrace

It's hard to make sense
Feels as if I'm sensing you
through a lens
- and nothing in this world
could ever change
while we're cold and intimate

If I could look you in the eyes
- "sabbe saækhàrà aniccà"
Ab Liminem Ad Eterno a Non Domino

We are all created equal
In just one thing alone
Alone in your thoughts that lead you through your life

Nothing is pure anymore but solitude

So relax, turn around and take my hand.
Shoulder deep within the borderline.

Relax. Turn around and take my hand.

Believe me I'm a fighter 'til the end look into my eye.


*Ani di Franco , Iron and Wine, Mew, Nitin Sawhney... + Me


Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorriso

22/12/06 7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

e é sempre esta capacidade indelével que tens de nos fazer ver o que nos outros tantas vezes só se lê

23/12/06 7:52 PM  
Blogger domakesaythink said...

"pure intention juxtaposed will set two lover's souls in motion..."

do nostalgico 2004, só tenho a acrescentar, alem do que acrescentei acima...

"i know the pieces fit"

26/12/06 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home